A home in Delphos, Ohio, experienced water damage recently when the sump pump failed. The home had a nice, finished basement, and water was discovered in many of the rooms!
A plumber had replaced the sump pump before our team arrived, so we got right to work extracting the excess water from the floors. They moved furniture and other contents around, and they set them on blocks to avoid creating any stains on the carpet. Then the fans and dehumidifiers were setup.
To speed up the process, we setup a containment at the top of the stairway, letting us set the correct environment for drying out the basement. We removed the baseboard and drilled holes to allow the walls to dry out more effectively.
Once things were drying out well, our team was monitoring the equipment a few days into the process. We noticed a different drain line in the ceiling had begun leaking, giving us an extra challenge in getting things dried out. Once the repair was complete, the rest of the dry-out process went smoothly.
To finish up the job, the customer requested a carpet cleaning after the baseboards were reattached. Then the project was completely dry and clean!